Create the design and select the material, then let Harbor’s digital machining team go to work for you to produce the exact piece, product, or item that you need.
There are virtually no limits on your design criteria. Sometimes, the material you select or the design requirements can create challenges. When those challenges present themselves, your digital machining team at Harbor will work with you to explore, understand and incorporate your design requirements with the component performance your project demands Working together, we’ll find solution that works for you.
Your Harbor equipment is designed to produce what you need, when you need it, and your software at Harbor has been built to work seamlessly with the design software at your facility. If you can design it, your digital machining team at Harbor will work with you to produce it.
Production communications and scheduling is handled through your internet portal. Design files are easily transmitted with e-mail attachments, questions answered, quotations transmitted and orders accepted. Once your order is placed, you’ll be able to monitor the production process through your portal, starting with order placement all the way to delivery at your facility.
Requesting a Quotation
Requesting a quotation is easy and straightforward. The guidelines below will allow your digital machinists at Harbor to produce an accurate and timely quotation for you.
Harbor operates digitally controlled routing machines that provide the most advanced production capabilities available in the industry. You can have your design routed from virtually any material that is carried in Harbor’s inventory, machined in all three dimensions, to a tolerance of +/- 1/100”, in sizes all the way up to 10 feet wide by 22 eet long and 19” deep, and delivered to meet your production schedule.
1. Contact Information -If you’ve registered and established your Harbor Portal, all we’ll need is your e-mail address. If you haven’t registered yet, we’ll need your full company information including e-mail address, phone number and mailing address.
2. Job name - Let us know the job name or number that you’ve assigned to this project and we’ll use that identifier in all communications.
3. Material to be machined - what material will we be machining for you. Type of material, thickness, size, color? If it’s easier, you can simply look up the information through your portal, and let us know the SKU assigned to the item you select.
4. Desired completion date - When will you require the completed project delivered to your facilities?
5. Concept and special instructions - let us know how the product is being incorporated and when you will require the completed project delivered to your facilities? your project, and any special instructions that will affect the project. If we’re going to be laminating materials for you prior to machining, we need to know that as well.
6. Design file - we’ll need your design file. If your file isn’t at the final stage, we may be able to produce a ball park estimate for you, but to provide a formal quotation, we need a final design file. Preferred formats (.ai .eps)
7. Attach your files and send your e-mail Most quotations will be completed and back to you within 24 hours.
8. Please do not send .zip files or files that exceed 5000 MB otherwise the email may bounce back and not be delivered
9. Communications is key when producing the products, designs and parts that you need. To help you maximize communications, we’ve provided some step by step instructions for communicating your requirements to your digital machining team. If the design system you are currently using isn’t covered in the step by steps below or when you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com or give us a call, we’re at your service. 800-345-1712.